03 June 2014

“The Cellist of Sarajevo”
Time to time, out of the blue I think of this man and what he did. There is something strange and strong in my heart about Sarajevo, about Bosnia … all those beautiful  women and men who were murdered and raped … I’ll never forget how I felt when I heard about what this man had been doing, playing cello after the war, in the ruined concert hall, on the graves, up on the hills … once I saw a photo of him with his cello and there was a sign written on a paper on his side:
“Father, forgive them, for they know not why they do” : Jesus
با سارایوو حکایتی غریب است مرا ... و با این مرد بزرگ ... ویلون سلیستِ سارایوو ... که بعد از جنگ با سازش بر ویرانه ها می نشست و می نواخت ... گاهی ناگاه یادش، تصویرش پیش نگاهم می آید ... در قلبم .. در روحم ... و تصویر تمام مردان و زنان زیبای آن سرزمین بی تابم می کند ... یک روز تصویری از این مرد بزرگ دیدم ، در قبرستان می نواخت و در کنارش نوشته ای از عیسی مسیح بود: پدر، آنها را ببخش، از برای آنکه نمی دانند چه می کنند ... ء


 






No comments:

Post a Comment